QSC KW122 12" Two-Way 1000W Active Loudspeaker (Factory Re-Certified)
This item is previously USED and has been re-certified at the QSC factory. It carries a one-year factory warranty from the date of purchase.
Building on the success of our K Series, the KW Series represents the next evolutionary step in wood enclosure loudspeakers. Our system engineers have created the KW Series to feature all the groundbreaking electronic attributes of our popular K Series while at the same time designing a product that is both smaller and significantly lighter than previous wood enclosure models.
High Output: The KW122 features a QSC designed, 1000 watt (2 x 500 W continuous) Class D power module. And continuing in the K Series tradition, the KW122 is fitted with the identical high-output 1.75" HF device (full-range models) and woofers of the same high quality design, regardless of speaker size.
Defined Coverage Area: Directivity Matched Transition (DMT™) provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural "dead" or "hot" frequency zones.
DSP: Extensive signal processing is employed throughout, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy all expectations for a product in this category:
Intrinsic Correction™, first featured in our high-end line array products maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field.
DEEP™ and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies.
GuardRail™ protection, first introduced on our GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping.
Connectivity: KW Series features a four-position mic / line gain switch that allows for connection of a wide variety of devices. Combo XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs accept both mic and line level input while a set of RCA phono inputs allow additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for "daisy-chaining" of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
Control: On-board switches provide preset EQ settings. The HF setting (full-range models) can be set to VOCAL BOOST for additional presence in the critical mid-frequency area or FLAT for accurate reproduction of the incoming signal. The LF switch can be set to NORM, DEEP™ for additional bass extension, or EXT SUB (full-range models) for use with an external subwoofer. The rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the unit is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation.
Tilt-Direct™: The KW122 features a unique Tilt-Direct™ pole cup mounting system. A simple turn of the dial engages a 7.5 degree downward tilt of the speaker allowing acoustic energy to be kept on the audience and off reflective surfaces for applications where maximum coverage from a high-positioned speaker is desired.
Remote Gain: Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the on-board Phoenix-Style connector. In an installed application, multiple KW Series speakers can be "daisy-chained" for total gain control from a single remote pot. Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity.
Premium-grade materials: KW Series is designed to withstand the rigors of professional use. Advanced construction processes, premium-grade Baltic birch cabinetry, ergonomic, cast aluminum handles, and a highly protective steel grille provide for ease of transport and long term durability.
- 12” Woofer; 1.75” diaphragm compression driver
- 75° Nominal coverage angle
- Maximum SPL 131 dB peak
- Also functions as monitor floor wedge
- 1000-watt Class D power modules in all models (2 × 500 W continuous)
- Onboard mixer with two combo XLR and ¼” inputs, and stereo RCA inputs, (three audio input sources); two direct channel outputs and single summed balanced output
- Extensive DSP featuring DEEP™ and Intrinsic Correction™ enhances system performance
- DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures uniform coverage across the entire sound field
- Rugged, texture-painted birch enclosures
- Four-position Mic/Line gain (full-range models)
- Tour-grade 16 gauge steel grilles
- Comfortable ergonomic handles
- 35 mm pole sockets with Tilt-Direct™
- M10 rigging points for suspended installation
- Configuration: 12" 2-way multipurpose
- Low Frequency Transducer: 12” cone
- High Frequency Transducer: 1.75" diaphragm compression driver
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 53 Hz - 18 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 50 Hz - 20 kHz
- Nominal Coverage (-6 dB): 75° axisymmetric
- Maximum SPL (1 meter): 131 dB peak
- Power Output: 1000 W Class D (500 W LF, 500 W HF) continuous, 2000 W Peak
- Input Impedance (ohms), Channel A XLR / ¼", 0 dB: Balanced 38 kOhms, Unbalanced 19 kOhms
- Input Impedance (ohms), Channel A XLR / ¼", +12 dB: Balanced 10k Ohms, Unabalanced 5k Ohms
- Input Impedance (ohms), Channel A XLR / ¼", +24 dB: Balanced 2.66 kOhm, Unabalanced 5 kOhm
- Input Impedance (ohms), Channel A XLR / ¼", +36 dB: Balanced 660 Ohms, Unabalanced 330 Ohms
- Input Impedance (ohms), Channel B XLR / ¼": Balanced 38 kOhms, Unabalanced 19 kOhms
- Controls: Power, Gain A, Gain B, Channel A Input Gain (0 dB / 12 dB / 24 dB / 36 dB), LF Mode (Ext Sub/Norm/DEEP™), HF Mode (Flat/Vocal Boost), Front LED (On/Off/Limit)
- Indicators: Power, Signal A, Signal B, Standby, Limit, Mic (24 dB and 36 dB settings)
- Connectors: Balanced female XLR/¼" line/mic level input, Balanced female XLR/¼" line level input, Dual Balanced male XLR full range line level out , Balanced male XLR "mix" out, Stereo RCA line level input, Remote gain control, Locking IEC power connector
- Cooling: On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
- Amplifier Protection: Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail™
- Transducer Protectio: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100 - 240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz
- AC Power Consumption (1/8 Power): 100 VAC: 2.3 A, 120 VAC: 2.01 A, 230 VAC: 1.13 A
- Material: 15mm painted birch plywood
- Finish: Black textured paint
- Grille: Black powder coated 16 gauge steel
- Dimensions (HWD): 26" x 15" x 15.4" 660 mm x 381 mm x 391 mm
- Weight (Net): 49 lbs (22.2 kg)
- Input Impedance (ohms), Channel B RCA: 10 kOhm
(1) QSC KW122 Powered Full Range 12" Speaker
(1) IEC US Power Cord
(1) Operator's Instructions