QSC MP-M40 (Factory Re-Certified)
The QSC MP-M40 has four mic/line inputs, four line inputs and four zone outputs. Each line input features dual phono jacks (summed to mono) for easy connection to the sources typically found in business music installations.
MP-M40 is equipped with cue bus outputs for auditioning zones and tracks, a USB port for storing and recalling design files, presets and scenes (beyond the mixer’s internal memory), both conveniently located on the front panel. They also include two general purpose inputs for external control triggers, and an Ethernet port for connection to a wireless router to allow your system to gain access to the designer and end user control apps (MP Install and MP Manage.)
All inputs feature comprehensive processing including high and low-pass filters, 4-band parametric EQ, a gate and a dynamics processor that may be configured as an automatic gain control (AGC) or a compressor. The processing is responsive and musical.
Any combination of input channels may be designated as sources for any output zone. Two input channels may be designated as priority sources that will ‘duck’ the selected input channel for paging/ announcements or to allow a higher-priority source to take over. There are also processing blocks for auto-loudness, equalization (1/3 octave GEQ) and limiting. All output channels include 12 anti-feedback notch filters with a wizard to assist in setting the filters.
A dedicated loudspeaker processing section contains preset Intrinsic Correction voicings for QSC loudspeakers to maximize the value of the systems. Users may also create, save and recall their own loudspeaker voices using the 6-band fully-parametric equalizer along with high-pass and low-pass filters with a choice of filters (Linkwitz-Riley or Butterworth) and slope (12, 18 or 24 dB/octave).
An integral stereo mixer may be used for reinforcement of live performance or for conference/presentation mixing. Effects processing and a gain sharing automatic microphone mixer are both available. Any inputs can be assigned to the mixer and its output may be assigned to any combination of output zones.
MP Install app (for iOS/Android tablets, Windows and Mac OS PCs) is used by designers and installers to configure and tune the system. Designers can use the app online or offline to pre-configure a system without connecting to hardware. All MP-M Series parameters and settings are accessible from the app including an intuitive Workflow Wizard to assist installers with navigating the room tuning process and expediting commissioning tasks. MP Install also allows for customized control configuration for the MP-M Series’ end user control peripherals.
MP Manage app (for iOS/Android tablets and smartphones) provides wireless day-to-day operation of basic system functions including zone level control and source selection, scene recall, scheduling, and mixer control. It also offers a unique store-and-forward paging functionality to the MP-M Series mixer. The installer may restrict or allow which functions are available to the staff. Multiple user profiles can be created allowing the installer or a facility staff member to grant individuals access to only those functions they need.
- Supports up to 8 MP-MFC multi-function graphic controllers
- User control from iOS and Android smartphones
- Wireless store-and-forward paging from smartphone
- Mixer with automatic microphone mixer (AMM) function
- Control Accessories: MP-MFC Optional wall controller
- Control Accessories: MP Install For configuration/design functions (for iOS/Android tablets, Windows and Mac OS PCs)
- Control Accessories: MP Manage For end user control functions (for iOS/Android tablets and smartphones)
- Inputs (Total): 8
- Inputs (Mic/Line): 4 (Euroblock)
- Inputs (RCA): 4 (mono-summed RCA pairs)
- Outputs (Total): 6
- Outputs (Line): 4 (Euroblock, balanced)
- Outputs (Music-on-Hold): 1 (Euroblock, transformer balanced)
- Outputs Cue (phones): 1 (3.5 mm, stereo)
- Sampling frequency: 48 kHz
- Processing: 32-bit floating point
- THD: <0.005%, +4 dBu and -2 dBr; 20 Hz-20 kHz, unity gain, any input to any output
- Frequency response: 20 Hz-20 kHz +/-0.5 dB, mic/line or line input to any line output
- Dynamic range: >106 dB unweighted
- Crosstalk: >90 dB typical, >80 dB max
- Gain (mic inputs): 51 dB
- Maximum input level: +24 dBu (mic/line inputs), +10 dBV (line inputs)
- Maximum output level: +21 dBu (line-level outputs), +10 dBV (music on hold)
- Phantom power: All microphone inputs (+12 volts)
- Latency: 2.3 msec
- Input Processing (EQ): 4-band parametric EQ with high/low shelving option, variable 24 dB/octave HPF and LPF
- Input Processing (Dynamics): Gate, choice of Auto Gain Control (AGC) or compressor
- Output Processing (EQ): 1/3 octave GEQ
- Output Processing (Anti-feedback filters): 12-band variable notch filters
- Output Processing (Dynamics): Comp/limiter, ducker, loudness
- Output Processing (Delay): 100 msec
- Output Processing (Loudspeaker tunings): Factory: Intrinsic Correction™ voicing for QSC loudspeakers User: 6-band parametric EQ, HPF & LPF (Linkwitz-Riley or Butterworth; 12, 18 or 24 dB/octave)
- Ethernet: 1 x RJ45 for connection to Wi-Fi router (user supplied)
- MP-MFC ports: 2 x RJ45
- USB: 2 USB-A (firmware & configuration uploads, USB Wi-Fi)
- GPI: 2 inputs (Euroblock)
- Power requirements: 100-240VAC, 50-60 Hz, universal supply, IEC inlet
- Indicators: Blue POWER LED, blue STATUS LED
(1) QSC MP-M40
(1) Power Cable
(1) Connector Pack