QSC GP118-sw-BK WideLine™ 18" Ground-Support Subwoofer
The GP118-sw is a premium, highperformance, direct radiating 18-inch subwoofer designed for use in portable and installed sound applications. This powerful subwoofer offers plenty of “punch” while maintaining ample extension so the musically important fundamentals are solidly and accurately reproduced. With an impressive combination of low-frequency extension and musical accuracy, the GP118-sw is an ideal companion to QSC’s WideLine Series, ILA Series, AcousticPerformance™ Series and AcousticDesign™ Series loudspeakers.
The GP118-sw features an 18-inch transducer that incorporates a double layer spider and triple roll surround for extended and controlled excursion at extreme power. The 4” voice coil is wound on a fiberglass former to prevent deformation at high operating temperatures and is extensively vented to reduce power compression. An aluminum demodulating ring is employed to further reduce distortion.
The GP118-sw is housed in an 18mm Baltic birch plywood enclosure and finished in an environmentally friendly, waterborne, polymer finish rugged enough for the demands of everyday use while also being field repairable. Internal bracing is employed to eliminate acoustic losses due to panel resonance while maintaining the enclosure’s robustness.
Further contributions to cabinet rigidity include vent walls constructed of the same plywood as the enclosure. Ample port area allows free movement of air resulting in minimal turbulence and port distortion. Finishing the enclosure’s aestheic design, the transducer is protected by a 16-gauge, powder coated steel grille.
The GP118-sw includes built-in handles for ease of transport. For increased versatility, the subwoofer can be stacked vertically using their interlocking feet and recess features machined into the enclosure’s top panel. Moreover, the GP118-sw can be reversed to facilitate cardioid array deployment.
- Premium-grade, long excursion, high power 18-inch transducer with 4-inch voicecoil, dual layer spider and triple-roll surrounds.
- Interlocking feet and recess features allow for rigid vertical stacking.
- Built-in handles for ease of transport.
- Threaded pole cup for deploying a full-range loudspeaker on top.
- M10 fittings allows for suspension in permanent and portable applications.
- Dual NL4 Speakon connectors.
- 18mm Baltic birch plywood construction.
- 16-gauge powder coated steel grilles.
- Finish available in black.
- Complete EASE, CAD & BIM information available online.
- Cinema-version available for surround LFE.
- Frequency Response (-10dB): 29Hz – 800Hz
- Power Capacity: 850W (82.5V) continuous; 1700W peak
- Nominal Sensitivity: 98dB, 1W@1m
- Maximum Rated SPL : 129dB @1m, continuous3; 135dB @1m, peak4
- Nominal Impedance: 8?
- Transducer : 457mm (18-inch) driver with 102mm (4-inch) Voicecoil
- Recommended Power : 1700W
(1) QSC GP118-sw-BK 18" Portable Subwoofer
(1) User's Manual