The QSC AcousticPerformance™ AP-5152 is a professional, two-way, full-range loudspeaker ideal for a variety of installed sound reinforcement applications requiring higher SPL output and a clean appearance. The AP-5152 uses a high power-capacity, 76mm (3-inch) diaphragm compression driver and combines it with a 381mm (15-inch) woofer to deliver exceptional full bandwidth reproduction.
The uniform power-response of the AP-5152 loudspeaker is a result of DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition), a design approach that matches LF and HF coverage in the cross-over region. Another key to the extraordinary accuracy and flat power response of the AP-5152 is the axisymetric waveguide with uncompromised performance in both the vertical and horizontal axes. The result is remarkably consistent coverage and smooth, accurate reproduction on and off-axis.
The AP-5152 may be used as a passive (fullrange) loudspeaker to minimize amplifier channel count or it may be bi-amplified for greater control and performance. To further enhance performance, bi-amp and fullrange tunings using QSC Intrinsic Correction techniques are available for Q-Sys and future QSC products.
The AP-5152 enclosure features M10 mounting points for suspension via eyebolts.
Presenting a clean, unobtrusive look, AcousticPerformance grilles are unadorned eliminating the need to cover-up logo treatments which can be difficult to hide or remove. The grille is also lined with acoustically transparent backing adding to the enclosure’s professional appearance and the AP-5152 is available in black (RAL 9011) and white (RAL 9010) finishes.
To minimize impact and disposal fees at the job site, all AcousticPerformance loudspeakers are packaged in environmentally friendly, recyclable cartons.
- DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures smooth, coherent power response across the listening plane
- 3” diaphragm compression delivers a clean and powerful high frequency response
- M10 fittings and yoke mount fittings offer flexible deployment options for a variety of applications
- Clean industrial design with unadorned grilles complement most decors and settings
- NL4 Speakon connector (two on AP-4122m and AP-212sw) and covered barrier strip terminals (except AP-4122m and AP-212sw)
- Bi-amp / passive switchable (passive only on AP-4122m), except AP-212sw subwoofer
- Constructed from 15-ply Baltic birch plywood (15 mm Baltic birch plywood on AP-4122m and AP-212sw)
- 16-gauge powder coated steel grilles
- Available in black (RAL 9011) and white (RAL 9010)
|Frequency response (-10 dB)||44 Hz - 18 kHz|
|Rated noise power / voltage1||625 watts / 65 volts rms|
|Broadband sensitivity2||96 dB SPL|
|Coverage angle||70˚ conical DMT|
|Directivity factor (Q)||8.3|
|Directivity index (DI)||9.2|
|Recommended crossover||950 Hz, 48 dB/octave|
|Maximum SPL at 1 m (passive)||123 dB continuous3
129 dB peak4
|HF transducer||76 mm (3-inch) voice coil, compression driver
525 W/ 65 V (2 hours)
|LF transducer||305 mm (12-inch) driver with 102 mm (4-inch) voice coil;
550 W / 60 V (2 hours)
|Optional accessories||M10 Kit-W|
|Input connector||Covered barrier strip, NL4 connector|
|Enclosure material||15 mm Baltic birch plywood|
|Attachment points||Fifteen M10 threaded inserts|
|Color||Black (RAL 9011), White (RAL 9010)|
|Grille||16-gauge powder coated steel|
|Dimensions (H×W×D)||32-inch × 17.5-inch × 15.2-inch / 813 × 445 × 386 mm|
|Net weight||80 lb / 36.2 kg|
1 2 hour rating using IEC60268 noise based on minimum impedance
2 Mid-band based on nominal impedance; 2.83 V at 1 m for 8Ω loudspeakers or 2 V at 1 m for 4Ω
3 Calculated as the nominal sensitivity plus 10× the log of continuous rated power in volts squared divided by nominal impedance
4 Calculated as the continuous calculated max output plus 6 dB
|As part of QSC’s ongoing commitment to product development, specifications are subject to change without notice.|
- 1x AP-5152 High-Power, 15 in 2-way, 75˚ conical DMT