QSC AD-S8T 8" Surface Mount Loudspeaker
AcousticDesign™ series offers integrators a premium quality installed sound solution where performance, coverage, and aesthetics are paramount. Combined with unprecedented ease-of-installation and high weather resistance, the AcousticDesign™ series provides integrators a versatile and confident install solution over a wide variety of foreground and background sound reinforcement applications.
Consistent and even axisymmetric (conical) coverage is achieved through DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition), a QSC innovation which matches the directivity patterns of the woofer and the high-frequency waveguide at the crossover point. The result is a coherent transition between transducers and improved off-axis response.
AcousticDesign™ models with (T) suffix feature low-loss, low-saturation transformers with selectable taps, including an 8O bypass. To enhance weather resistance, the rotary selector is located on the back of the enclosure, protected by a weather grommet.
With rugged ABS enclosures, sealed input panel covers, and powder-coated aluminum grilles for weather resistance, the AcousticDesign™ surface mounted series exceed IEC60529 IP-54 ratings for dust and splash resistance.
Installers will appreciate the award-winning X-Mount™ system included with each full-range AcousticDesign™ model. This ingenious mounting solution achieves unprecedented ease-of-installation in horizontal, vertical, wall, or ceiling deployments. Knurled surfaces at the pivot planes ensure the load will not drift or sag over time. Articulation marks allow pre-configuration of the X-Mount™ while on the ground with no special tools required. Once secure, the loudspeaker installs in seconds, allowing the installer to work safer, smarter, and faster with repeatable results.
To further enhance performance and speed of install with optimum result, advanced voicing filter sets using QSC Intrinsic Correction™ techniques are obtainable using Q-Sys networked audio processing platforms, including CXD amplifiers for a complete QSC systems solution.
The AcousticDesign™ series feature a stylish appearance free of obtrusive logo adornments for aesthetically sensitive installations. Complimenting adjacent product families, AcousticDesign™ surface loudspeakers are available in QSC standard black (RAL 9011) or white (RAL 9010) and may be painted to match any decor.
- 8" weather treated woofer; 1.4" compression driver
- 105° Axisymmetric (conical) coverage
- 60 watt low-saturation and low-loss 70/100V transformers with 8 Ohm bypass
- Maximum peak SPL 119 dB (8Ohm bypass)
- DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures smooth, uniform frequency response over the coverage area
- X-Mount™ system enables the loudspeaker to be easily installed and deployed at a variety of angles with no slippage over time
- Optional Yoke mount and M10 Kit-C for additional installation versatility
- Advanced voicing filter sets using QSC Intrinsic Correction™, available through either Q-Sys processing or CXD amplifier platforms
- Lightweight ABS enclosures offer long-term durability and lasting good looks
- Sealed input panel cover and powder coated aluminum grilles for added weather resistance
- Meets IEC60529 IP-54 for dust and splash resistance
- Available in black (RAL 9011)
- Complete EASE, CF2, CAD, and BIM information available online
- Frequency Range: 55 Hz to 20 kHz
- Noise Rating: Noise Power/Voltage: 200 W/40 V RMS
- Sensitivity: 90 dB SPL
- Coverage Angle: 105° at -6 dB
- Directivity: Factor: Q = 7 Index: 9 dB
- SPL: Maximum Continuous SPL: 113 dB, Maximum Peak SPL: 119 dB
- Impedance: 8 Ohm rated
- Amplifier Power: 400 W
- Transformer Taps: 70 V: 60, 30, 15, 7.5 W and 8 Ohm bypass 100 V: 60, 30, 15 W and 8 Ohm bypass
- HF Transducer: 1.0" (25.4 mm) exit/1.4" (35.6 mm) voice-coil compression driver
- LF Transducer: 8.0" (203.2 mm) weather-resistant paper cone woofer, 2.0" (50.8 mm) voice-coil
- Input Connector: Euroblock connector with parallel output terminals
- Enclosure Material: Painted ABS polymer
- Grille: Powder-coated aluminum
- Enclosure Characteristics: Ingress Protection: IP54, Operating Environment: Indoor/Outdoor
- Testing Parameters: The AD Series loudspeakers qualified for outdoor use using the following tests, Salt fog: MIL-STD-810G Method 509.5 for 100 hours, Humidity: MIL-STD-810G Method 507.5, Natural cycle B2, cyclic high RH for 7 days, High and low temperature tested according to QSC internal standards between -4 to 122°F (-20 to 50°C)
- Operating Temperature Range: -4 to 122°F (-20 to 50°C)
- Dimensions: 17.3 x 10.0 x 9.9" (440.0 x 254.0 x 251.0 mm)
- Weight: 24.1 lb (11.0 kg)
- Color: Black (RAL 9011)
(1) QSC Acoustic Design S8T 8" Surface Mount Speaker
(1) Euro-style Connector, 4-Pin
(1) Terminal Weather Protection Cover
(4) Phillips Screws M4
(1) X-Mount Bracket
(1) Operator's Instructions
We Also Recommend
2x QSC AD-S.SAT-BK 2.75" Satellite 16 Ohm, 150° Conical Coverage Surface Speaker