QSC AD-S6T 6.5-inch 2-way, 105° conical DMT - Pair
The QSC AcousticDesign™ AD-S6T is a surface mounted 70/100V, 6.5" two-way loudspeaker system, ideally suited for a wide variety of foreground and background sound reinforcement applications.
AcousticDesign™ series offers integrators a premium quality installed sound solution where performance, coverage, and aesthetics are paramount. Combined with unprecedented ease-of-installation and high weather resistance, the AcousticDesign™ Series provides integrators a versitile and confident response.
The AD-S6T features a high quality 6.5" weather treated paper cone woofer on a 1.5” voice coil. A carefully selected 1” silk dome tweeter with a 1” voice coil perfectly matches the sensitivity and performance of the woofer for outstanding full range reproduction.
Consistent and even 105° axisymmetric (conical) coverage is realized by means of DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition). This innovation matches the high frequency wavegide to the woofer coverage at the crossover point, resulting in a coherent transducer transition and improved off axis response.
To maintain this frequency response, the AD-S6T utilizes a variable tap 60 watt low saturation and low loss 70/100V transformer with 8O bypass, accessible via a rotary selector located on the enclosure back under a weather grommet for improved weather resistance.
All AcousticDesign™ Series surface-mount loudspeakers are housed in rugged ABS enclosures for long-term durability. Sealed input panel covers and powder coated aluminum grilles add weather resistance, exceeding IEC60529 IP-54 for dust and splash resistance.
Installers will appreciate the award winning X-Mount™ system, included with each full range AcousticDesign™ model. This ingenious mounting solution achieves unprecedented ease-of-installation in either horizontal, vertical, wall, or ceiling deployments. Knurled surfaces at the pivot planes ensure the load will not drift or sag over time. Articulation marks allow preconfiguration of the X-Mount™ while on the ground with no special tools required. Once secure, the loudspeaker installs in seconds, allowing the installer to work safer, smarter, and faster with repeatable results.
To further enhance performance and speed of install with optimum result, advanced voicing filter sets using QSC Intrinsic Correction™ techniques are obtainable using the Q-SYS Platform including CXD Series amplifiers for a complete QSC systems solution.
- 6.5 inch weather treated woofer; 1 inch silk dome tweeter
- 105° conical DMT coverage
- 60 watt low-saturation and low-loss 70/100V transformers with 8O bypass
- Maximum peak SPL 116 dB (8 ohm bypass)
- DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures smooth, uniform frequency response over the coverage area
- X-Mount™ system enables the loudspeaker to be easily installed and deployed at a variety of angles with no slippage over time
- Advanced voicing filter sets using QSC Intrinsic Correction™, available through either Q-SYS processing or CXD amplifier platforms
- Lightweight ABS enclosures offer long-term durability and lasting good looks
- Sealed input panel cover and powder coated aluminum grilles for added weather resistance
- Meets IEC60529 IP-54 for dust and splash resistance
- Effective Frequency Range: 60 Hz - 20 kHz
- Rated Noise Power/Voltage: 150 watts / 35 volts (rms)
- Broadband Sensitivity: 89 dB SPL
- Coverage Angle (-6 dB): 105° conical DMT
- Directivity Factor (Q): 5
- Directivity Index: 7 dB
- Maximum Continuous SPL: 110 dB
- Maximum Peak SPL: 116 dB
- Rated Impedance: 8 ohms
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 300 watts
- Transformer Taps: 70 V: 60, 30, 15, 7.5 W and 8O bypass
- Transformer Taps: 100V: 60, 30, 15 W and 8O bypass
- HF Transducer: 1 inch silk dome tweeter/ 1 inch voice coil, horn loaded
- LF Transducer: 6.5 inch weather resistant paper cone woofer / 1.5 inch / 38 mm voice coil
- Input Connector Type: Euroblock connector with parallel output terminals
- Enclosure Material: Painted ABD polymer
- Grille Material: Powder coated aluminum
- X-Mount Material: Powder coated aluminum
- Ingress Protection: IP-54
- Operating Environment: Designed for indoor and outdoor use
- Testing Method #1: Salt fog: MIL-STD-810G Method 509.5 for 100 hrs.
- Testing Method #2: Humidity: MIL-STD-810G Method 507.5, Natural cycle B2, cyclic high RH for 7 days
- Testing Methods #3: High and low temperature: tested to QSC internal standards between -20° and 50° C
(2) QSC AD-S6T-BK Surface Mount Loudspeaker
(1) X-Mounting System
(1) Euroblock Connector
(1) Input Panel Cover
We Also Recommend
2x QSC AD-S.SAT-BK 2.75" Satellite 16 Ohm, 150° Conical Coverage Surface Speaker