QSC AD-S402T-BK 2.75" Columnar Surface Mount Loudspeaker
The QSC AcousticDesign™ AD-S402T is a columnar array line consisting of four weather treated 2.75" transducers. Columnar loudspeakers are ideally suited for a wide variety of acoustically difficult applications where speech intelligibilty is a primary concern.
The AcousticDesign Series offers integrators a premium quality installed sound solution where performance, consistent coverage, and aesthetics are paramount. Specifically designed to maintain a consistent tonal characteristic across the entire family in ceiling, surface, and pendant applications, the AcousticDesign Series allows integrators seamless transitions within blended installations.
With rugged powder coated aluminum construction, stainless steel hardware, and sealed input panel cover, the AD-S402T is designed for indoor or outdoor use, exceeding IEC60529 IP-54 ratings for dust and splash resistance.
A carefully crafted PTT (Progressive Taper Topology™) network is utilized to create a passive curvature of the array line which greatly reduces side lobing, often problematic of straight array lines, resulting in precise and consistent directivity control.
The accurate frequency response of the AD-S402T is maintained even in 70 / 100 V applications by use of a low-loss, low-saturation transformer with selectable taps, including a bypass for low impedance application, using a rotary selector located behind the sealed input cover plate. The input cover plate comes with an attached wire sealing gland nut for direct cable attachments onto a locking 4-pole Euro-style connector for added security of the wire terminations. The gland nut may be removed in provision of alternative conduit or flex tubing landed requirements.
Installers will appreciate the quick-hang pan/tilt mounting bracket supplied the AD-S402T. This feature greatly reduces the amount of live-load time during high reach installation, allowing the installer to work faster, safer, and smarter. The mount includes a zero pan locking screw in consideration of wind load conditions. The mount may be attached to several landing positions on the enclosure to provide a close to wall appearance. When tilt is not required, the tilt section of the mount may be removed to bring the enclosure even closer to the wall. The included shoulder eyebolt provides a safety tether anchor point.
Intrinsic Correction™ voicings that optimize performance and speed the install process are easily deployed via the Q-SYS Ecosystem including CX-Q Series amplifiers, as part of a complete QSC systems solution.
The AD-S402T is available in QSC standard black (RAL 9011) or white (RAL 9010) and may be painted to match any decor.
- Consistent tonal characteristics across the entire AcousticDesign Series for surface, ceiling, and pendant applications
- Weather resistant construction for outdoor usage, IP-54 rated • UL1480A and EN54-24 Type B, certified (pending)
- PTT (Progressive Taper Topology™) network reduces unwanted side lobes
- Low-saturation and low-loss 70 / 100 V transformers with low impedance bypass
- Sealed input cover plate with removeable gland nut
- Close to wall quick hang pan/tilt mounting bracket
- Transducer: (x4) 63.5 mm [2.5 in] weather treated paper cone woofer
- Effective frequency range: 110 Hz – 20 kHz
- Rated noise power / voltage: 60 W / 31 V (rms)
- Sensitivity [dB]: Rated @1 W, 1m : 85
- Coverage (-6 dB) [°]: Rated : 150 x 35
- Horizontal x Vertical: 500 Hz: 180 x 90, 1 kHz: 180 x 80; 2k Hz: 160 x 46, 4 kHz: 180 x 28
- Directivity factor: 11
- Directivity index [dB]: 10.5
- Maximum SPL [dB] : Rated, 1m (continuous / peak) 7 : 105 / 111
- Recommended amplifier : 120 W
- Transformer taps / impedance: Bypass: 16 O; 7.5 W (70 V); 15 W (100 V) Tap: 666 O; 15 W (70 V); 30 W (100 V) Tap: 333 O; 30 W (70 V); 60 W (100 V) Tap: 167 O
- Input connector type : Euroblock connector with parallel output
- Enclosure material : Powder coated aluminum
- Grille material : Powder coated aluminum
- Ingress protection : IP-54
- Operating environment : Designed for indoor or outdoor use
- Operating temperature range : -4 to 122° F (-20° to 50° C)
(1) QSC AD-S402T
(1) User's Manual