QSC AD-S162T (x16) 2.75" Columnar Surface Mount Loudspeaker
The QSC AcousticDesign™ AD-S162T is a columnar array line consisting of sixteen weather treated 2.75" transducers. Columnar loudspeakers are ideally suited for a wide variety of acoustically difficult applications where speech intelligibilty is a primary concern. .
The AcousticDesign Series offers integrators a premium quality installed sound solution where performance, consistent coverage, and aesthetics are paramount. Specifically designed to maintain a consistent tonal characteristic across the entire family in ceiling, surface, and pendant applications, the AcousticDesign Series allows integrators seamless transitions within blended installations.
With rugged powder coated aluminum construction, stainless steel hardware, and sealed input panel cover, the AD-S162T is designed for indoor or outdoor use, exceeding IEC60529 IP-54 ratings for dust and splash resistance.
A carefully crafted PTT (Progressive Taper Topology™) network is utilized to create a passive curvature of the array line which greatly reduces side lobing, often problematic of straight array lines, resulting in precise and consistent directivity control. The AD-S162T features Wide or Narrow vertical pattern options, selectable from a rotary knob located on the rear input cup recess.
The accurate frequency response of the AD-S162T is maintained even in 70/100V applications by use of a low-loss, lowsaturation transformer with selectable taps, including a bypass for low impedance application, using a rotary selector located behind the sealed input cover plate.
The input cover plate comes with an attached wire sealing gland nut for direct cable attachments onto a locking 4-pole Euro-style connector for added security of the wire terminations. The gland nut may be removed in provision of alternative conduit or flex tubing landed requirements.
Installers will appreciate the quick-hang pan/tilt mounting bracket supplied the AD-S162T. This feature greatly reduces the amount live-load time during high reach installation, allowing the installer to work faster, safer, and smarter. The mount includes a zero pan locking screw in consideration of wind load conditions. The mount may be attached to several landing positions on the enclosure to provide a close to wall appearance. When tilt is not required, the tilt section of the mount may be removed to bring the enclosure even closer to the wall. A shoulder eyebolt is supplied to provide a safety tether anchor point.
Intrinsic Correction™ voicings that optimize performance and speed the install process are easily deployed via the Q-SYS Platform including CXD-Q Series amplifiers, as part of a complete QSC systems solution.
The AD-S162T is available in QSC standard black (RAL 9011) or white (RAL 9010) and may be painted to match any decor.
For your system integration needs, complete EASE, CF2, CAD, and BIM files are available for download at QSC.com.
- Deliberately unobtrusive industrial design.
- Paintable enclosure and grill.
- Complete EASE, CLF, CAD & BIM information.
- Rugged aluminum construction.
- UV Inhibitors in all white models.
- IP-54 rating for dust and splash resistance.
- Powder-coated grills and weather-treated cones.
- Close to wall pan/tilt bracket included.
- Low saturation 70/100V transformers.
- 8 ohm low impedance bypass.
- Selectable broad/narrow beam contour
- Screw-down Euro block connector with loop-through.
- Sealable input weather cup – keeps moisture away from wiring.
- Transducer: (x16) 2.5 in (63.5 mm) weather treated paper cone woofer
- Effective frequency range: 90 Hz – 17 kHz
- Rated noise power / voltage : 200 watts / 40 volts (rms)
- Sensitivity [dB]: Rated @1W, 1m: 89 (Narrow) 88 (Wide); EN54-24 @1W, 4m: TBD
- Coverage (-6 dB) [°] - Horizontal x Vertical: Rated: 160 x 15 (Narrow) / 30 (Wide); 500Hz: 180 x 52 / 52, 1kHz: 180 x 26 / 28; 2kHz: 160 x 18 / 28, 4kHz: 180 x 13 / 30
- Declared values of SPL, 1/3rd octave band CPB, 1W,: 500: TBD; 630: TBD; 800: TBD; 1000: TBD; 1250: TBD; 1600: TBD; 2000: TBD; 2500: TBD; 3150: TBD; 4000: TBD
- Directivity factor: TBD
- Directivity index [dB]: 11 (Narrow) 13 (Wide)
- Maximum SPL [dB]: Rated, 1m (continuous / peak) 7 : 112 / 118 (Narrow) 111 / 117 (Wide); EN54-24, 4m (low-Z / Highest-tap) 9 : TBD / TBD
- Recommended amplifier: 250 watts
- Transformer taps / impedance: Bypass: 8O; 15W (70V); 30W (100V) Tap: 333O; 30W (70V); 60W (100V) Tap: 167O; 60W (70V); 120W (100V) Tap: 83O; 120W (70V); N/A (100V) Tap: 42O
- Input connector type: Euroblock connector with parallel output
- Enclosure material: Powder coated aluminum
- Grille material: Powder coated aluminum
- Ingress protection: IP-54
- Operating environment: Designed for indoor or outdoor use
- Operating temperature range: -4 to 122° F (-20 to 50° C)
- Safety Agency: UL1480A; EN54-24: 2008 type B, (pending); Transformer UL registered per UL1876, ROHS, CE compliant
(1) QSC AD-S162T Surface-Mount Loudspeaker
(1) Sealed input cover plate with gland nut
(1) Quick Hang Pan/Tilt wall bracket
(1) Shoulder eyebolt safety tether anchor
(1) User's Manual
We Also Recommend
2x QSC AD-S.SAT-BK 2.75" Satellite 16 Ohm, 150° Conical Coverage Surface Speaker